Samling is recruiting for the position of Creative Development Manager! If you’d like to join our Northumberland-based team or know someone who would, please see below for more details.
Creative Development Manager
Salary: £26,000 (depending on experience)
An opportunity has arisen for an accomplished and enthusiastic individual – a proactive self-starter – with an interest in, and love of, classical music to join Samling.
Samling, an internationally-renowned charity based in Northumberland in the North East of England, is devoted to the development of young singers and pianists. Its prestigious Samling Artist Programme nurtures the artistic development of exceptional young singers and piano accompanists at the start of their careers. Intensive week long residencies refine their performance skills and artistry, culminating in public masterclasses and performances. Samling Academy is developing the next generation of classical singers in the North East of England. Young people aged 14-21 who are growing up in this region and those who have chosen to come here to study are benefitting from our unique training and performance opportunities.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious individual to play a significant role in a very well-connected arts organisation and who would thrive working as part of our small team. Someone who…
- Has a passion for artistic programme planning, who can co-ordinate and manage projects efficiently with attention to detail.
- Can demonstrate experience of successful fundraising including creating new sponsorship opportunities with businesses
- Has significant experience in marketing (social media, press releases, advertising etc.) with strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Has the ability to lead and represent the organisation at a high level
- Has good numerate and systematic approaches to their work, accurate record keeping and the ability to work to budgets and realise targets
- Above all – someone who is passionate about developing new musical talent
The successful candidate will have a relevant degree or postgraduate qualification or equivalent, a high level of computer literacy, relevant work experience ideally within the third sector and preferably within an arts environment. Languages would also be useful.
Telephone: 01434 602885/ Email: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 30th September 2016.
Interviews will take place w/c 10th October and we would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.