1. Describe yourself in three words
Sincere, thoughtful, rascally
2. What’s your role in this summer’s production?
The Fire and the Nightingale
3. What do you do when you’re not working with Samling?
I love baking, hiking, biking and swimming.
4. What’s your favourite opera & why?
That’s a hard question, it’s always changing! Today I’ll go with Rigoletto. I just saw the DVD from the Metropolitan Opera, with Cornell MacNeil as Rigoletto. It was so moving!
5. What are you most looking forward to about the production?
Working with all the brilliant young performers in the beautiful North East.
6. What do you order from the chip shop?
Well, the obvious, plus some scrappy for the family!
7. What’s your favourite ice cream flavour
Caramel with pralines and toffee, or on a healthy day mint choc chip (it’s green!)
8. Give us your elevator pitch for why people should come and see this production
It’s going to be fabulous!