These free online workshops for secondary school students and teachers are presented by Samling Institute for Young Artists, a leading authority in the training of young voices, and North Tyneside Music Education Hub, Tees Valley Music Service and Music Partnership North
- Learn about the wide range of skills that classical singers use to bring a performance alive
- Find out what life is like for a professional musician in a Q & A session
- Watch a world-class artist coaching young singers from the North East
- Explore how acting skills can enhance a musical performance in an interactive activity with Shakespearean actor James Garnon
- Discover how young singers in the North East have benefitted from Samling Academy, and how you can apply.
This year’s sessions are hosted by North Tyneside Music Education Hub, Tees Valley Music Service and Music Partnership North. If you are a student or teacher in these areas, contact your Music Hub or get in touch with us to find out how you can be involved.
Tuesday 23 February, 4.30–6 pm: North Tyneside Music Education Hub, with Louise Alder
Wednesday 24 February, 6–7.30 pm: Tees Valley Music Service, with Nicky Spence
Thursday 25 February, 4.30–6pm, Music Partnership North – Northumberland, with Milan Siljanov